Individuals awarded an Avery Point Noyce Scholarship will be beneficiaries of the following resources:
- A scholarship totaling $30,000 disbursed at the start of summer, fall and spring sessions.
- Mentorship by an Avery Point marine scientist including lab techniques, field excursions, and becoming embedded within ongoing research program.
- Support to integrate issues-based marine science into fall student teaching experiences.
- Instructional materials in the amount of $1000 to support marine science implementation in local classrooms.
- Spring semester internship to conduct educational research and development project in a local high school.
- Up to $1500 to defray travel expenses to attend national science teaching conference.
- Job placement assistance to secure positions in quality school system.
- Complete loan forgiveness by fulfilling two years of fulltime teaching in a high needs school within four years of program completion.