To apply to the Teacher Certification Program for College Graduates (TCPCG) at Avery Point you must:
- Mail the following materials in one completed packet to the Graduate School at the following address:
- Official transcripts of all collegiate work completed to date
- Residence Affidavit
- TOEFL scores (international students only)
University of Connecticut
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269–1152
- Gather the following materials which will be required during your electronic application to the Graduate School:
- Personal Statement (between 1000 and 1500 words). Describe why you are choosing to become a science or math teacher at this stage in your life. What were your most significant pre-college experiences? What firsthand activities have you had doing science and/or math? What involvement have you had working with youth? What other factors contributed to the decision to apply to Avery Point’s STEM teacher certification program?
- Praxis Core Information and Documentation.
- Evidence of having taken appropriate content area Praxis II test. (All candidates need to have taken and passed Praxis II content area tests prior to beginning the program)
- Complete the Online Application to the Graduate School.
- Access the Graduate School’s Online Application
- Applications are accepted from September 1st to December 1st
- Letters of recommendation are not needed to apply to TCPCG Avery Point.
*Note: These documents are required specifically for admission to TCPCG.
The Admissions Committee will review only completed applications and support materials. Applicants who satisfy the minimum qualifications determined by the faculty are invited to participate in a required pre-admission faculty team interview.
Some content on this website may require the use of a plug-in, such as Adobe Acrobat Viewer.